Saturday, August 13, 2011

Late Summer Update

Well, the corn is almost ready and the peas are picked and gone. The hay is baled and the grass won't quit growing. There is three weeks left of summer and then the fall into winter again. Ugh. It has been really a great summer, being semi-retired I've had much more free time to enjoy it and spend time with my wife who is off for the three months school is out. I have been spending a little more time on the target range but can't say I've improved much. Old guns and old eyes. I've been working an early shift and get done at 10:00 am, so I feel like I have the whole day off. I cut back on hours so I didn't have to get up so early, and here I am back at getting up at 5:00am every day. That will change when Cindy goes back to work and we go to a 10-2:00 schedule. Other than that, its has been an uneventful summer, except for the 4th of July weekend. We had our first immediate family gathering this year and what a swell time. Tents and campers all around, grandchildren abounding and sons and daughters galore. What an absolute blessing to have everyone here. We are blessed beyond measure with our family. God is so good.  Well, I'll write more later, that,s what I said last time and sure enough, its real later! 

No comments: