Sunday, November 28, 2010

Almost There.

This is one of my all time favorites. There is just something about a gull that fascinates me, I love watching them up the North Shore. This was taken in Grand Marais, MN on a gray cloudy day. The gulls were up to their usual land, take off and soar, then land again routine. I noticed the 'evidence' of previous occupations of the lamp and pre-focused on it in anticipation of another visitor. I caught this harbor denizen on approach and was rewarded with a 'decisive moment' photo. I relate to it in many ways. Sometimes I look at it reflecting how I need a higher outlook on life. Sometimes it makes me think of solitary moments spent musing other things. Some days it reminds me that no matter how careful we plan things, we wind up stepping in it anyway. It always reminds me of a book I read in the '70s, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, by Richard Bach.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I'm so glad to see you've been at work on this! I love seeing your photos here!