Friday, November 26, 2010

Here are some birds of a different feather, so to speak. These are shots of the USAF Thunderbirds at the Duluth Air show a couple of years back. I was stationed at the Duluth Air Base back in 1968-70. It has since closed, but the facilities are used as a federal low security prison now. I was able to see the T Birds fly in 1970 just before I was discharged when they flew F-4 Phantoms. These birds are F-16 Falcons. The years do go by don't they?

I was able to talk my better half into going to her first air show this day, and the best part of the deal was, upon arrival at the parking lot, someone gave us free tickets! So the enjoyment level rose somewhat and we had a great time together, sunburns and sore necks included. We couldn't look upwards for about a week.

No matter how old I get, I never seem to fail to look up when a plane flies over or at a train or at some other large piece of equipment as it goes by. Always the little boy inside.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I've always loved these photos. I think they'd make the best posters!