Friday, November 26, 2010

It's a girl this time!


For my gun buddies out there, this is my latest find, a Smith and Wesson 3913 Lady Smith in 9mm caliber. Yes, I said Lady Smith. No gender issues here. I had the bobbed hammer replaced with a spurred one for single action target shooting. I have added a set of Hogue grips for better feel and fit for my big hands. This is a dying breed of handgun, retired from the S&W line up a few years back. These all metal guns are being replaced by the new 'plastic' arms. This one being heavier than the newer types is easier to shoot with much less recoil. This is one of what is known as third generation autos made by S&W and there are claims that these are the most accurate and reliable ever made by this company. All I know is it is a pleasure to shoot and extremely accurate. All I have to do is learn not to shake when I try. That's me alright, steady as a rock.... In a mud slide!

No comments: